For the purpose of assisting the students in answering the questions from this exercise, the NCERT Solutions Class 6 Maths Chapter 1 Knowing Our Numbers Exercise 1.1 have been provided. Knowing numbers makes it simpler to count the items or things we encounter every day. For instance, it is easy to count the number of pupils in a class and to represent them numerically.
Table of Contents
NCRET Solutions Class 6
1. Fill in the blanks:
- 1 lakh = ………….. ten thousand.
- 1 million = ………… hundred thousand.
- 1 crore = ………… ten lakh.
- 1 crore = ………… million.
- 1 million = ………… lakh.
(a) 1 lakh = 10 ten thousand
(b) 1 million = 10 hundred thousand
(c) 1 crore = 10 ten lakh
(d) 1 crore = 10 million
(e) 1 million = 10 lakh
2. Place commas correctly and write the numerals:
- Seventy-three lakh seventy-five thousand three hundred seven.
- Nine crores five lakh forty-one.
- Seven crores fifty-two lakh twenty-one thousand three hundred two.
- Fifty-eight million four hundred twenty-three thousand two hundred two.
- Twenty-three lakh thirty thousand ten.
(a) The numeral of seventy-three lakh seventy-five thousand three hundred seven is 73,75,307
(b) The numeral of nine crores five lakh forty-one is 9,05,00,041
(c) The numeral of seven crores fifty-two lakh twenty-one thousand three hundred two is 7,52,21,302
(d) The numeral of fifty-eight million four hundred twenty-three thousand two hundred two is 5,84,23,202
(e) The numeral of twenty-three lakh thirty thousand ten is 23,30,010
3. Insert commas suitably and write the names according to the Indian System of Numeration:
(a) 87595762 (b) 8546283 (c) 99900046 (d) 98432701
(a) 87595762 – Eight crore seventy-five lakh ninety-five thousand seven hundred sixty-two
(b) 8546283 – Eighty-five lakh forty-six thousand two hundred eighty-three
(c) 99900046 – Nine crore ninety-nine lakh forty-six
(d) 98432701 – Nine crore eighty-four lakh thirty-two thousand seven hundred one
4. Insert commas suitably and write the names according to the International System of Numeration:
(a) 78921092 (b) 7452283 (c) 99985102 (d) 48049831
(a) 78921092 – Seventy-eight million nine hundred twenty-one thousand ninety-two
(b) 7452283 – Seven million four hundred fifty-two thousand two hundred eighty-three
(c) 99985102 – Ninety-nine million nine hundred eighty-five thousand one hundred two
(d) 48049831 – Forty-eight million forty-nine thousand eight hundred thirty-one